Create databases for storing password information by relying on this lightweight application that comes with multiple configuration options. KeePass Password Safe is a compact but powerful application built to help you store and manage credentials for online accounts as well as protect them from unauthorized access.
Create a database and encrypt info
In order to use the program you need to create the database that stores all your log-in accounts. It is mandatory to protect the content with a master password, a key file or at least the information of the current user account.
Using the master password can be safer than the other two methods, since a person that has access to your computer account can also gain access to the database content. For maximum protection you can combine all three security measures.
Organize info with the aid of custom categories
The database structure is flexible and allows you to create folders or subfolders in order to organize the items. You can also personalize the entries by changing the background color, the icon or by adding a tag.
Enter login details
Every entry in the database allows you to enter the basic login details such as account description, user, password and website address. If you need to store more details, you can easily create new fields such as “bank account number” or “shipping address.”
Insert a file into the database
The application also allows you to attach any file to an item from the database in order to view them quickly. The program can handle images, text files and HTLM files that can be previewed without using external programs.
Auto-Type feature and password manager
An interesting and useful feature of the program is the Auto-Type function that allows you to go directly to a website and to automatically enter the information that is stored in the database. This allows you to login to any website almost instantly, without having to type the username and the password.
All the modifications made to the database are stored by the program that also allows you to view the time the Auto-Type feature was used. The program includes a powerful password generator that allows you to create multiple passwords that are saved as different entries in your database.
A powerful and efficient password manager
Overall, KeePass Password Safe is a reliable solution to keep your data safe thanks to the easy-to-use interface and the 256-bit algorithm used for encrypting the content of your database.
• KeePass supports password groups, so you can sort your passwords.
• Drag-n-Drop passwords into other windows.
• Export password list to TXT, HTML, XML or CSV files.
• Fast copy password or user name to the Windows clipboard.
• Searching in password database is possible.
• A strong random password generator (you can define the possible output characters).
New in version 2.34:
• The version information file (which the optional update check downloads to see if there exists a newer version) is now digitally signed (using RSA-4096 / SHA-512); furthermore, it is downloaded over HTTPS.
• Added option ‘Lock workspace when minimizing main window to tray’.
• Added option ‘Esc minimizes to tray instead of locking the workspace’.
• Added Ctrl+Q shortcut for closing KeePass (as alternative to Alt+F4).
• Added UIFlags bit for disabling the ‘Check for Updates’ menu item.
• The installers (regular and MSI) now create an empty ‘Plugins’ folder in the application directory, and the portable package now also contains such a folder.
• Plugins: added support for digitally signed version information files.
• Plugins are now loaded only directly from the application directory and from any subdirectory of the ‘Plugins’ folder in the application directory.
• Improved startup performance (by filtering plugin candidates).
• When closing a database, KeePass now searches and deletes any temporary files that may have been created and forgotten by MSHTML when printing failed.
• CHM help file: improved high DPI support.
• Various code optimizations.
• Minor other improvements.
Supported operating systems:
• Windows 98 / 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, each 32-bit and 64-bit
• Microsoft .NET Framework +2.0 (already included in Windows Vista and higher)
Download | Direct Link